Since June 11, 2015, individuals with four years (1460 days) of physical presence in Canada as a permanent resident during the preceding six years can be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship.  You must also be physically present for at least 183 days during each of four calendar years that are fully or partially within the six years immediately before the date of application. However, this does not apply to children under the age of 18.

Canada has two official languages – English and French. To become a Canadian citizen, you must show that you have adequate knowledge of one of the languages. Applicants between the ages 14 -64 years have to provide documents with their citizenship application to prove their language (English/French) proficiency.

You cannot apply/obtain Canadian citizenship if you:

  • Now or have ever been in the six (6) years immediately before the date of your application, or since you became a permanent resident, or whichever is most recent;
  • On probation in Canada;
  • On parole in Canada;
  • An inmate of a penitentiary, jail, reformatory, or prison in Canada;
  • Are you now serving a sentence outside Canada for an offence;
  • Are you now charged with, on trial for, or subject to or a party to an appeal relating to an offence under the Citizenship Act or an Indictable offence in Canada;
  • Are you now charged with, on trial for, or subject to or a party to an appeal relating to an offence committed outside Canada;
  • Are you now, or have you ever been, under a removal order (have been asked by Canadian officials to leave Canada);
  • Are you now under investigation for, charged with, on trial for, subject to or a party to an appeal relating to or have been convicted of a war crime or a crime against humanity;
  • In the past five (5) years, were you prohibited from being granted citizenship or taking the oath of citizenship because of misrepresentation or withholding material circumstances;
  • In the past four (4) years, have you been convicted in Canada of an indictable offence under any Act of Parliament of an offence under the Citizenship Act;
  • In the past four (4) years, have you been convicted outside Canada of an offence, regardless of whether you were pardoned or otherwise granted amnesty for the offence.

While a permanent resident, have you:

  • Been convicted in Canada of terrorism, high treason, treason, or spying offences;
  • Been convicted outside Canada outside Canada of terrorism;
  • Served as a member of an armed force of a country or organized armed group and that country or group engaged in armed conflict with Canada.

Citizenship of a country is a privilege that the people in a country enjoy along with some rights and duties. Permanent residents can acquire citizenship of Canada by the process of naturalization. One of the most important steps of acquiring this citizenship is by preparing your citizenship test.

This is where our services come handy. We, at Swift Immigration, can help you prepare for the test in a thorough manner:

  • Help you understand the requirements of the test
  • Go through the whole routine with mock tests
  • Brush your language skills ( written and communicative)
  • Any other tips that will help you succeed

People with permanent resident status in Canada can apply to obtain their first PR Card, Renewal, and Replace a lost/stolen/destroyed/or never received PR Card.

To be eligible to apply and obtain a PR Card, you must:

  • Be a permanent resident of Canada;
  • Be physically present in Canada (730 days in the preceding 5 years);
  • Not be under an effective removal order;
  • Not be a Canadian citizen or a registered Indian under the Indian Act; and
  • Not be convicted of an offense related to the misuse of a PR card for those applicants under the age of 18.

The permanent residence card is the official proof of your status as permanent resident of Canada. This wallet-sized card is required by all permanent residents of Canada to re-enter Canada on any commercial transport carrier at the port of entry.

Services that we provide:

  • First Permanent residence card application
  • Expired, lost or stolen PR card replacement
  • Urgent processing of your PR card application

A permanent resident returning to Canada must show a valid Permanent Resident Card or travel documents before boarding a plane, bus, boat or train. The travel document application is for permanent residents outside of Canada who need proof of their status so that they can return to Canada. The application is made in case you have lost your documents showing your permanent resident status.

Share and Enjoy !

0 0