Canadian Experience Class

The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is an immigration category for Canada’s temporary foreign workers who wish to become permanent residents. Temporary foreign workers are ideal candidates for Canadian immigration (permanent residency). Having obtained Canadian work experience, these individuals have already adapted to the Canadian way of life and have established important networks in their communities and careers. Canadian Experience Class applications are processed through the express entry system for immigration to Canada. Eligible candidates must make an expression of interest in immigrating to Canada, create an online Express Entry profile, and receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence.

Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements. They must have:

  • Obtained at least one year of skilled, professional or technical work experience in Canada within 36 months of the application date.
  • Met or surpassed a Canadian Language Benchmark threshold of 5 (“initial intermediate”) or
  • 7 (“adequate intermediate proficiency”) depending on the level of the job. Applicants can remain in Canada throughout the application process. However, the Canadian Experience Class is also open to individuals who are no longer in Canada, provided that they submit their application within two years of leaving their job in Canada.
  • The Canadian Experience Class requirements are based on a pass or fail model. If the minimum requirements are met; the applicant is eligible to enter the Express Entry pool.

It is a Popular Option for International Students. As Immigration consultants, we have the expertise and ability to help you get Permanent residency through the Canadian experience class. For many international graduates, the Canadian Experience Class offers the fastest and most simple path to achieving permanent residence.

After completing a program or course of study at a Canadian educational institution, many international graduates are able to remain in the country on post-graduate work permits. If during this time, a graduate obtains at least one year of work experience in a skilled professional or technical field, they may then become eligible to enter the Express Entry pool under the Canadian Experience Class.

Contact us for more information about the Canadian Experience Class application.

For further information.