Canadian Citizenship Application, PR Application, Swift Immigration

Canada Citizenship is granted to individuals if they meet certain criteria:

  • Be a permanent resident
  • Have lived in Canada for 3 or the last 5 years or 1095 days
  • Have filed your taxes for the required years preceding your Canadian Citizenship Application
  • Provide language skills proof ( English or French)
  • Pass a Citizenship test

Minors (under age 18) can also apply for Canadian citizenship if they have a Canadian parent or a parent who is applying for citizenship at the same time. Additional or different requirements may apply for minors.

You can start your Canadian Citizenship Application if you:

  •  Have never been in Canada in the five (5) years immediately before the date of your application, since you became a permanent resident, or whichever is the most recent
  • Are you On probation in Canada
  • Are you On parole in Canada
  • An inmate of a penitentiary, jail, reformatory, or prison in Canada
  • Are you now serving a sentence outside Canada for an offence
  • Are now charged with, on trial for, or subject to or a party to an appeal relating to an offence under the Citizenship Act or an Indictable offence in Canada;
  • Are now charged with, on trial for, or subject to or a party to an appeal relating to an offence committed outside Canada
  • Are now, or have ever been, under a removal order (have been asked by Canadian officials to leave Canada
  • Are  now under investigation for, charged with, on trial for, subject to or a party to an appeal relating to or have been convicted of a war crime or a crime against humanity
  • Where in the past five (5) years,  prohibited from being granted citizenship or taking the oath of citizenship because of misrepresentation or withholding material circumstances
  • In the past four (4) years, have you been convicted in Canada of an indictable offence under any Act of Parliament or an offence under the Citizenship Act;
  • Where in the past four (4) years,  been convicted outside Canada of an offence, regardless of whether you were pardoned or otherwise granted amnesty for the offence.

While a permanent resident, have you:

  • Been convicted in Canada of terrorism, high treason, treason, or spying offences;
  • Been convicted outside Canada of terrorism;
  • Served as a member of an armed force of a country or organized armed group and that country or group engaged in armed conflict with Canada.

Start your application Today

Citizenship of a country is a privilege that the people in a country enjoy along with some rights and duties. Permanent residents can acquire citizenship in Canada by the process of naturalization. One of the most important steps of acquiring this citizenship is by preparing for your citizenship test.

This is where our services come in handy. We, at Swift Immigration, can help you prepare for the test in a thorough manner:

  • Help you understand the requirements of the test
  • Go through the whole routine with mock tests
  • Brush your language skills (written and communicative)
  • Any other tips that will help you succeed

Contact us and let’s start your Canadian citizenship application

People with permanent resident status in Canada can apply to obtain their first PR Card Renewal, and Replace a lost/stolen/destroyed/or never received PR Card.

To be eligible to apply and obtain a PR Card, you must:

  • Be a permanent resident of Canada;
  • Be physically present in Canada (730 days in the preceding 5 years);
  • Not be under an effective removal order;
  • Not be a Canadian citizen or a registered Indian under the Indian Act; and
  • Not be convicted of an offence related to the misuse of a PR card for those applicants under the age of 18.

The permanent residence card is the official proof of your status as a permanent resident of Canada. This wallet-sized card is required by all permanent residents of Canada to re-enter Canada on any commercial transport carrier at the port of entry.

Services that we provide:

  • First Permanent residence card application
  • Expired, lost or stolen PR card replacement
  • Urgent processing of your PR card application

A permanent resident returning to Canada must show a valid Permanent Resident Card or travel documents before boarding a plane, bus, boat or train. The travel document application is for permanent residents outside of Canada who need proof of their status so that they can return to Canada. The application is made in case you have lost your documents showing your permanent resident status.

Our team of experienced Immigration consultants offers expertise in several immigration services such as Express Entry, Spousal sponsorship, Temporary Visa, Super Visa, Study visa, Work Permit, LMIA, PNP, Canadian Citizenship and more.

Our Immigration Consultants provide Canadian Immigration Services to clients all over the world. Based in Mississauga, Ontario, we serve people in Brampton, Toronto, Hamilton, North York, Scarborough, Pickering, Ajax, Guelph, Kitchener, Whitby, London, Vaughan, Hamilton, Markham, Cambridge, Milton, Waterloo, Peterborough, Niagara Falls, Ottawa, Barrie.

Start your application today