Spouse Open Work Permit

Being in Canada as a temporary or permanent resident brings many benefits. One of which is giving you the opportunity to help your spouse or common-law partner to get a work permit.

What are the requirements?

– First, you need to be a student in Canada to benefit from this program. You must
– Have a valid study permit
– have a valid study permit
– are eligible for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) and
– are a full-time student at one of these types of schools:
– a public post-secondary school, such as a college or university, or CEGEP in Quebec
– a private college-level school in Quebec
– a Canadian private school that can legally award degrees under provincial law (for example, Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate degree)

Spouse Open Work Permit, Work Permit, Best Immigration Services, Swift Immigrations

What type of work permit will your spouse or common-law get?

Under this pathway, your spouse or common-law partner will receive an open work permit. Meaning that they will be able to work for any employer of their choice.
Eligible relationships to be eligible for a Spousal work permit

In order to have access to the work permit, you must fall under these categories

1- Spouse
To qualify as a spouse, you must be legally married and this marriage is recognized by the law. If you are married, as a sponsor you will need to show a marriage certificate as proof. As a note, being married to the same sex in Canada is considered legal, therefore you are still eligible to apply for the spousal work permit

2- Common-law

You are considered a common-law partner under Canadian law if you have cohabited with your partner in a conjugal relationship for at least one year. As proof to show your common-law relationship, immigration Canada may ask you for extensive evidence such as shared rent agreement, shared banks accounts etc.

How to apply

You can apply for the Spousal work permit either online or on paper.
Applying online has many benefits such as
– No courier fees
– Application may be processed quicker
– You can track if the application compete in real-time
– Get updates on your application online.

Step 1: Make sure they have what they need

To apply online, they’ll need:
● a scanner or camera to create electronic copies of their documents, and
● a valid credit or debit card.

Step 2: Read the instruction guide

Even if they apply online, they should read the instruction guide before they complete their application. The guide will explain how to complete each field on the form.

Step 3: Prepare their answers for the online tool

Before they can upload their forms, they must answer some questions. We use their answers to create a personalized document checklist for them.

Step 4: Know the fees you have to pay

In most cases, their fees will include processing fees for them and anyone they include on their application.

We’ll ask them to pay their fees at the end of their application.

Step 5: Create their online account or sign in

They need an account to apply online. They can use their account to:
● pay their fees
● submit their application
● check their status

Are you looking for an experienced immigration consultant to help you with your work permit application? We can help you at Swift Immigration. Book a consultation now to talk directly with our head consultant Neerja Bhandari

Our team of experienced Immigration consultants offers expertise in several immigration services such as Express Entry, Spousal sponsorship, Temporary Visa, Super Visa, Study visa, Work Permit, LMIA, PNP, Canadian Citizenship and more.

Our Immigration Consultants provide Canadian Immigration Services to clients all over the world. Based in Mississauga, Ontario, we serve people in Brampton, Toronto, Hamilton, North York, Scarborough, Pickering, Ajax, Guelph, Kitchener, Whitby, London, Vaughan, Hamilton, Markham, Cambridge, Milton, Waterloo, Peterborough, Niagara Falls, Ottawa, Barrie.