Federal Skilled Worker
Federal Skilled Worker Program
Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) applications are assessed based on an applicant’s ability to become economically established upon immigrating to Canada. Skilled workers usually apply through a point-based system.
Eligible candidates under the Federal Skilled Worker Program must first make an expression of interest for immigrating to Canada by creating an online Express Entry profile. In addition, they also need to
- Have at least one year of full-time paid work experience in the past 10 years in a skilled occupation (National Occupational Classification skill level of 0, A or B)
- Demonstrate that their job description from the primary occupation matches with the occupational description in the NOC.
- Qualify for Arranged Employment with a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) and a full-time permanent job offer from a Canadian employe
- Pass a minimum threshold of language ability for one of Canada’s two official languages (English or French)
- Have sufficient settlement funds to support themselves and their dependents upon arrival in Canada.
In addition, Federal Skilled Worker applicants must attain at least qualifying points based on IRCC’s selection factors.
The selection factors are summarized as follows:
- Age: Applicants are awarded up to 100 points with a spouse and up to 110 without a spouse.
- Education: Applicants are awarded up to 140 points with a spouse and up to 150 without a spouse.
- Language Skills: Applicants are awarded up to 150 with a spouse and 160 without a spouse.
- Canadian Work Experience: Applicants are awarded up to 70 points with a spouse and 80 without a spouse.
- Adaptability: Applicants are awarded up to 50 points.
- Foreign Work Experience: Applicants are awarded up to 50 points.
- Arranged Employment or Provincial/Territorial Nomination: Applicants are awarded up to 600 points.
Our team of experienced Immigration consultants offers expertise in several immigration services such as Express Entry, Spousal sponsorship, Temporary Visa, Super Visa, Study visa, Work Permit, LMIA, PNP, Canadian Citizenship and more.
Our Immigration Consultants provide Canadian Immigration Services to clients all over the world. Based in Mississauga, Ontario, we serve people in Brampton, Toronto, Hamilton, North York, Scarborough, Pickering, Ajax, Guelph, Kitchener, Whitby, London, Vaughan, Hamilton, Markham, Cambridge, Milton, Waterloo, Peterborough, Niagara Falls, Ottawa, Barrie.