Canada Citizenship Applications
Canada citizenship is granted to individuals if they meet certain criteria:
- Be a permanent resident
- Have lived in Canada for 3 or the last 5 years or 1095 days
- Have filed your taxes for the required years preceding your application
- Provide language skills proof ( English or French)
- Pass a Citizenship test
Minors (under age 18) can also apply for Canadian citizenship if they have a Canadian parent or a parent who is applying for citizenship at the same time. Additional or different requirements may apply for minors.
You cannot start your Canadian citizenship application if you:
- Have never been in Canada in the five (5) years immediately before the date of your application, or since you became a permanent resident, or whichever is the most recent
- Are you On probation in Canada
- Are you On parole in Canada
- An inmate of a penitentiary, jail, reformatory, or prison in Canada
- Are now serving a sentence outside Canada for an offence
- Are now charged with, on trial for, or subject to or a party to an appeal relating to an offence under the Citizenship Act or an Indictable offence in Canada;
- Are now charged with, on trial for, or subject to or a party to an appeal relating to an offence committed outside Canada
- Are now, or have ever been, under a removal order (have been asked by Canadian officials to leave Canada)
- Are now under investigation for, charged with, on trial for, subject to or a party to an appeal relating to or have been convicted of a war crime or a crime against humanity
- Where in the past five (5) years, prohibited from being granted citizenship or taking the oath of citizenship because of misrepresentation or withholding material circumstances
- In the past four (4) years, have you been convicted in Canada of an indictable offence under any Act of Parliament of an offence under the Citizenship Act;
- Where in the past four (4) years, been convicted outside Canada of an offence, regardless of whether you were pardoned or otherwise granted amnesty for the offence. These are the requirements of Citizenship Applications Canada.
While a permanent resident, have you:
- Been convicted in Canada of terrorism, high treason, treason, or spying offences;
- Been convicted outside Canada of terrorism;
- Served as a member of an armed force of a country or organized armed group and that country or group engaged in armed conflict with Canada.
Our team of experienced Immigration consultants offers expertise in several immigration services such as Express Entry, Spousal sponsorship, Temporary Visa, Super Visa, Study visa, Work Permit, LMIA, PNP, Canadian Citizenship and more.
Our Immigration Consultants provide Canadian Immigration Services to clients all over the world. Based in Mississauga, Ontario, we serve people in Brampton, Toronto, Hamilton, North York, Scarborough, Pickering, Ajax, Guelph, Kitchener, Whitby, London, Vaughan, Hamilton, Markham, Cambridge, Milton, Waterloo, Peterborough, Niagara Falls, Ottawa, Barrie.