Police clearance certificate
A police clearance certificate is a service rendered on behalf of Police authorities in India. This document that is issued by the High Commission of India certifies that the person asking for the clearance has never been involved in any criminal activity in India.
A PPC is required for Indian nationals or foreign nationals who have lived in India for over 6 months. That certificate is also important in most immigration applications for example Express Entry or Work permit.
Requirements for applying PCC:
- Filled Application form
- Valid Indian passport
- Stamps with proof of exit from India and entry into Canada.
- For foreigners: Canadian passport and passport pages confirming the date you have arrived in India for the said period.
- Copy of legal status in Canada such as PR card, work permit, student permit, etc.
- A Police Clearance Certificate can take 2 – 8 weeks. There is no emergency PPC service.
The PPC service is a miscellaneous service that we offer at Swift immigration, to help with your Canadian immigration process. For more information contact us.
Overseas Citizen of India
Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) is a form of permanent residency available to people of Indian origin and their spouses which allows them to live and work in India indefinitely. OCI is not Indian Citizenship as India doesn’t recognize dual citizenship in their constitution. However, any person who, or whose parents or grand-parents were born in India as defined in the Government of India Act can apply for OCI.
The Overseas Citizenship of India can be done from Inside Canada. As a benefit, having an OCI allows you to go to India for an indefinite time, without a Visa, and for any purpose.
Documents needed to apply for OCI:-
- Photocopy of expired Indian passport
- Original / Photocopies of an Indian passport of the parents or grandparents of the applicant.
- Birth Certificate of the applicant and of the parents/grandparents of the applicant.
- Nationality certificate of the applicant and of the parents/grandparents of the applicant.
Indian passport renewal
Expired, lost or damaged passport? We can help you at Swift Immigration. A passport is a necessity for travel or as an official ID. Don’t wait last minute to renew yours. An Indian passport can be renewed up to 1 year before it expires. The process is quite simple and can be done from inside Canada. The total processing time can take up to 8 weeks and is done completely online.
- Duly filled application form
- A recent photograph was pasted on the application form of size (2inch x 2inch).
- Original passport of the applicant
- One copy of the first and last page of the current passport
- One copy of valid legal status in Canada (PR card/study permit/work permit/visitor record)
- One copy of landing paper (Mandatorily required if the applicant is a Permanent resident)
- One copy of proof of Canadian address
- One copy of an Indian address proof
Visit swiftimmigration.com for more miscellaneous services and other immigration services.