If a visitor, worker or student has lost their status, they may apply to reinstate or restore their status in Canada. This regulation only applies if the temporary resident has not been out of status for more than 90 days, and they have not failed to comply with the specified conditions.

When entering Canada, a Canada Border Service Agency (CBSA) officer stamps your passport/travel document and records the date by which you must leave Canada. The officer also notes any terms and conditions related to your visit. There may be times you wish to extend your status or change the conditions of your visit. If you wish to extend your status date, you should apply 30 days before your status expires.

Usually, a visitor gets six months of stay in Canada. The CBSA officer mostly stamps the travel document/passport and writes the date underneath the stamp until when a visitor is allowed to stay in Canada. If a CBSA officer doubts the intentions of a visitor for various reasons (no return ticket, travel document expiring in the near future, no clear purpose of visit, unstable financial circumstances), he or she can grant status for less than six months.

You must apply to extend your visitor status in Canada as soon as possible. Generally, a 30 day period before the expiry of status is recommended by IRCC

When an applicant approaches the port of entry in Canada, the CBSA officer examines his or her travel document/passport, an adhesive sticker, and permits the person to enter Canada. The CBSA officer stamps his or her travel document/passport and hands over a status document named work permit which has the duration of that permit.

If an applicant wants to extend his or her permit to work in Canada, he or she will have to submit an application for an extension. Generally, a 30 day period is recommended by IRCC before the expiry of the status granted.

Similar to the Work permit, the study permit is granted to an individual upon their arrival to Canada. The study permit gives you access to Canadian education and can be extended as well. If an applicant wants to extend his or her Canadian study permit, he or she will have to submit an application for extension, generally 30 days before the expiry date.

Our team of experienced Immigration consultants offers expertise in several immigration services such as Express EntrySpousal sponsorshipTemporary VisaSuper VisaStudy visaWork PermitLMIAPNPCanadian Citizenship and more.

Our Immigration Consultants provide Canadian Immigration Services to clients all over the world. Based in Mississauga, Ontario, we serve people in Brampton, Toronto, Hamilton, North York, Scarborough, Pickering, Ajax, Guelph, Kitchener, Whitby, London, Vaughan, Hamilton, Markham, Cambridge, Milton, Waterloo, Peterborough, Niagara Falls, Ottawa, Barrie.