A Work Permit is not an employment contract, but is a document that is issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada, for the purpose of allowing an individual to work in Canada, to fill labor shortage, and to support economic growth in Canada. A Work Permit is only issued once an offer of employment has been made.
The Post-Graduate Work Permit is an once in a lifetime opportunity that allows international students who have graduated from an accredited school to stay in Canada to gain valuable Canadian work experience.
A PGWP is a great pathway to immigration in Canada as it gives students the chance to apply for permanent residency under the Canadian Experience Class.
The eligibility criteria are as followed:
- Student must currently hold valid temporary status or have left Canada.
- They must have graduated from an eligible designated learning institution (DLI)
- The program must at least be 8 months in duration leading to a degree, diploma or certificate.
- Applicant must have maintained full-time student status in Canada during each academic session of the program
- A Transcript and an official letter from the eligible DLI confirming that they have met the requirements to complete their program of study is also needed
Discretion is a valuable element of Canada’s immigration system. Humanitarian & Compassionate (H&C) Application uses this discretionary tool’s flexibility to gain approval in deserving cases which are not covered by the legislation.
A H&C assessment considers circumstances and/or factors that may be sufficiently compelling to allow for the requested exemption. In Canada H&C application must accompany an application for permanent residency in Canada.
The onus is entirely upon the applicant to be clear in the submissions as to exactly what hardship they would face if they are not granted the requested exemptions.
Effective decision- making in H&C cases involves lot of precision in making the application. Our experienced consultants can take you step by step through the process for filing a sensitive and strong application.